Here most important set of questions of computer intelligence are discussed for the sole purpose to improve the performance of candidate in SSC IBPS or other competitive exams.
These questions are prepared from the set of previous papers and may increase the score of individual to qualify the exam.
Computer Awareness Short Cut Tricks - Download Computer Knowledge Important Questions Set
1. Full form of DSA = Direct Selling Agent
2. Full form of CPU = Central Processing Unit
3. Full form of HTML = Hypertext Markup Language
4. Full form of LAN = Local Area Network
5. Ctrl + A = Select All
6. Ctrl + x = Cut
7. Ctrl + b = Bold
8. Ctrl + I = Italic
9. Ctrl + u = Underline
10. Ctrl + v = Paste
11. Ctrl + n = Opening a new window/file
12. A binary means 0, 1 (two).
13. The copy command saves to the clipboard.
14. Formatting toolbar displays the buttons for changing text style, alignment and size.
15. Joystick is primarily used for computer gaming.
16. A PDA is a handheld operating system.
17. Input device convert human understandable data and programs into a form that the computer can process.
18. On a PDA it is likely to find embedded operating System.
19. Portable Computer preferably known as Laptop computer weighing between 4 and 10 pounds is called Note Book computers.
20. System Software helps the computer manage internal sources.
21. The standard protocol of the internet is Internet Protocol (IP).
22. A record contains information about a single entity in the database like a person place event or thing.
23. A System Unit is a combination of hardware and software.
24. Hyperlink is a connection or link to other documents or web pages that contain related information.
25. A hyperlink appearing on a web page opens another document when clicked.
26. A printer is not a storage device.
27. A CD, A floppy disk, A DVD and A hard disk is a storage device.
28. CPU comprises of control, memory and arithmetic/logical unit.
29. Network server is the most important or power computer in a typical network.
30. Internal internet is used to transfer information internally.
31. An information system is a set of interrelated components that collect, process, store and distribute information to support decision making and control in an organization.
32. A LAN can share information or share peripheral equipment.
33. A webserver is a computer attached to the internet that runs special web server software and can send web pages out to other computers over the internet.
34. Sending an E-mail is similar to writing a letter.
35. A file is an organized collection of data about a single entity.
36. A Root directory is the main folder on a storage device.
37. A back up is that protect data by coping it form the original source to a different destination.
38. Operating system software is that controls the internal operations in the computer and controls all its parts.
39. A server is a computer connected to two networks.
40. A client program distributes data files to other computers.
41. Monitoring is a key function of a firewall.
42. A word processor would most likely be used to type a biography.
44. Nanosecond is billionth of a second.
45. Word Processor is software used to create text based documents.
46. Microsoft’s messenger allows users to communicate via direct live communication.
47. Memory contained in a chip connected to the system board and is holding area for data instructions and information.
48. Sorting is arrangement of data in a logical sequence.
49. Grid Chart is a tool which is not used during system analysis.
50. Integrated software is that single application which combines the major features of several types of application.
To download General Awareness set of questions in PDF,Click here