These questions are most important and mostly asked in Upcoming Examination in Sept 2014.
1. Punjab University won Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad (MAKA) trophy and life time achievement award went to Retd. Wing Commander Amit Chaudhary in Tenzing Norway National Award 2013 on 30th August 2014.
3. Centre increased pension to Rs 1000/- to 28 lakh pensioners and 5 lakhs widows from 01 September 2014.
4. 5th International Day against Nuclear Test (To make world free from Nuclear Weapon) was celebrated on 29th August 2014.
5. Centre removed “One cylinder per month” restriction on 28 August 2014.
6. Taxtile Ministry collaborated with FlipKart for providing ‘Online Marketing Platform’ to handloom on 27 August 2014.
7. 19th Rajeev Gandhi National Quality Awards 2012 announced as follows:
· Best of All Awards-Rail Wheel Factory, Bangalore.
· Small Scale Manufacturing Industry-Elin Appliences Pvt. Ltd, HP
· Large Scale Manufacturing Industry-Shakti Masala Pvt. Ltd, TN
· Large Scale Service Industry-Tata Business Support Ltd, Hyderabad.
8. Fourteen companies was panelized for Rs. 2544/- crores (found guity of using branded parts in repairs) by the competition commission of India on 27 August 2017.
9. Nagpur became the First Indian City to operate buses known as ‘Green Bus Project’ on Ethanol on 26 August 2014.
10. Supreme Court ruled illicit to all coal mining from 1990 to 2010 on 26 August 2014.
11. Alcohol had become banned to all five star hotels from 25th August 2014.
12. AJMER & ALWAR District of Rajasthan had declared SMOKE FREE district on 23 August 2014. Before that Jhunjunu & Jodhpur district of Rajasthan had already declared smoke free district.
13. Swami Narayan in UK, London became world first eco-friendly Hindu temple featured solar panel roof & rain harvesting system on 22 August 2014.
14. 2nd Summer Youth Olympic Games 2014 for 15-18 years age of youth was started in Ninjing-China 2014 in which total 200 countries participated with 3500 total athletes for 28 sports on 20 August 2014. Slogan-Share the game, Share our dreams.
15. Centre had approved 38 KM long with two corridors Metro Rail Project for 13th largest Urban Conglomeration Nagpur on 21 August 2014.
16. 17yrs Old ‘Max Varscappen’ a Dutch racer became youngest Formula One (F1) driver in History on 21 August 2014.
17. Bolivia has become the first country to legalize child labour (age 10 years) by Bolivian Congress after a law was signed by Vice- President Alvaro Garcia Linera on 17 July 2014.
18. India slipped 10 notches on the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2014 published by Cornell University, INSEAD, and the World Intellectual Property Organisation on 18 July 2014.
· India fell from the 66th position to the 76th on the index.
· Switzerland= 1st rank
· UK = 2nd rank
19. Human Development Report (HDR) ranked India at 135 out of 187 countries in terms of Human Development Index (HDI) on 24 July in Tokyo. The HDI value is increased from 0.369 to 0.586 in 2013.
20. The number of working children in the age group of 5-14 has declined from 1.26 crore as per Census 2001 to 43.53 lakh as per Census 2011in India.
21. The 6th BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) summit held in Fortaleza, Brazil on 15 – 16 July 2014 (theme: Inclusive growth: sustainable solutions) in which $100 billion named New Development Bank(NDB) has decided to launch aimed at funding infrastructure projects in developing nations name suggested by Prime Minister Narendra Damodar Modi.
22. Google is working on Global Brain Project.
23. Wine is abandoned in all formats by Kerala.
24. World Oldest man = Saraki Momo (Japanese age 111).
25. President of India, Pranab Mukherjee appointed Kalyan Singh as the Governor of Rajasthan, Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala as the Governor of Karnataka, Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao as the Governor of Maharashtra, Mridula Sinha as the Governor of Goa on 26 August.
26. World Cup Stage IV Indian Women’s Recurve team won gold medal at the Archery in Wroclaw, Poland.
27. New RBI Governor of India = Raghu Ram Rajan
28. New Deputy Governor of India = S. S. Mandura
29. XX Commonwealth Games India won 64 medals (15 gold, 30 silver, 19 bronze) and got fifth position in the game which was held in Glasgow, Scotland, from 23 July to 3 August 2014
· 1st Position = England with 174 medals (58 gold, 59 silver, 57 bronze).
· Total Athletes =4929 from 71 countries in the 11-day competition.
· XXI Commonwealth Games= Gold Coast in Australia in 2018.
1. R. N. Ravi appointed as Chairman of Joint Intelligent Committee is also selected for the inter locator and centre’s representative for Naga Piece Talk on 30th August 2014.
2. CS Verma-Chairman of SAIL (Steel Authority India Limited) elected for President of ISA (Indian Steel Authority) on 28 August 2014.
3. Shah Rukh Khan had become first Indian to appoint as ambassador for Interpol’s “Turn Back Crime” on 28 August 2014
4. Dot Bharat Domain was launched by Indian Govt. in Eight Languages (including Hindi, Marathi, Konkan etc.) on 28 August 2014.
5. R Ramanujam Committee was set by centre to identify ‘Obsolete Law’ on August 28 2014.
6. Ramesh Chand Tayal was appointed as Special Director of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) on 27 August 2014.
7. Ravi Shastri was appointed as new Director of BCCI (Bhartiya Cricket Control Board) along with Sanjay Bangar & Bharat Arun deputed as Assistant Coaches and R. Sridhar deputed as Field Coach on 20 August 2014.
8. K. V. Thomas was appointed as new chairman of 22-membered Public Account Committee on 21 August 2014.
AWARD AND HONOUR
1. Shah Rukh Khan Received top French civilian award ‘Knight Of The Legion Of Honor’ for his outstanding contribution to cultural diversity across the world on 01 July 2014.
2. Nikhil Srivastava, a young Indian mathematician, Indian Mathematician named first Joint winner of ‘2014 George Polya Prize’ for finding a geometric solution to a problem that had eluded mathematicians for more than half a century on 10 July 2014.
3. Environmentalist Chandi Prasad Bhatt (Gandhian) received Gandhi Peace Prize – 2013 by the President of India Pranab Mukherjee at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi on 15 July 014.
4. Germany (fourth times) won FIFA World Cup 2014 on 13 July 2014 at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil by defeating Argentina by 1-0.
o Golden Ball – Lionel Messi (Argentina)
o Golden Boot – James Rodriguez (Colombia)
o Golden Glove – Manuel Neuer (Germany)
o Best Young Player – Paul Pogba (France)
o Fair Play Trophy – Colombia
Brazil won highest five times FIFA World Cup in history.
5. Kapil Dev became head the Arjuna Awards selection committee (Started in 1961 in which 5 lakh cash, a bronze statue of Arjuna). This award is provided for year’s outstanding sportspersons of the country.
6. The only Hockey World Cup (1975) winning hockey team captain skipper Ajitpal Singh is going to be held of selection committee of the Dronacharya awardees.
RAILWAY BUDGET 2014
1. E-Ticketing system targets 7200 tickets per minute as against 2000 tickets per minute and allow 1,20,000 simultaneous users at any point in time for railway reservation System.
2. 10 major stations provide Wi-Fi in A-1 and A category stations in the country to global standards.
3. Target Paperless office of Indian railways in 5 years.
4. Digital reservation charts at stations.
5. 4,000 Women constables to be recruited by Women RPF Constables for safety to ladies coaches.
6. 17000 Railway Protection Force (RPF) constables for safety to passengers.
7. Fund for Improving rail safety=Rs 40,000 crore.
8. Fund for road under bridges and over bridges Rs 1785 crore.
9. Ultra sonic devices to detect rail fractures and automatic closing of doors both in mainline & suburban coaches are being considered.
10. Cleanliness budget over 40% than last year
11. Bullet trains for Mumbai-Ahmedabad sector.
12. Diamond Quadrilateral network of high speed rail linking Delhi, Mumbai, Calcutta, Chennai & Ahmadabad. Funding Diamond Quadrilateral is Rs 9 lakh crore.
13. 160-200 km/hour increased train & needs New Trains In Rail Budget includes 5 Jansadharan Trains, 5 Premium Trains, 6 AC express trains, 27 express trains, 8 passenger trains, 2 MEMU, 5 DEMU & Special trains to meet the holiday and festival rush.
14. Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has declared a state of emergency for the deadly Ebola virus.
15. World Health Organisation (WHO) declared world emergency against Ebola virus in West Africa.
1. Income Tax= 2.5 lakh rupees from previous 2 lakh rupees & for senior citizen=3 lakh rupees from previous 2.5 lakh rupees
2. Tax relief for interest on housing loan=1.5 lakh rupees to 2 lakh rupees
3. Pradhanmantri Krishi Sichai Yojana to improve irrigation facility=1000 crore rupees
4. Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna =14389 crore rupees
5. Beti bachao-beti padhao yojna= 100 crore rupees
6. Minimum pension=1000 rupees
7. SC/ST schemes=50000 crore rupees.
8. FDI cap in Defence sector =49 %
9. Excise duty on footwear =12 percent to 6 percent
10. FDI in insurance proposed=49 percent from 26 percent
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
1. NASA (U.S.) launched (aboard Delta 2 rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California) Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 (OCO-2), a satellite designed to track carbon dioxide (CO2) which is responsible for global warming on 2 July.
· BRICS – Brazil, Russia, India, China And South Africa
· NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
· NABARD – National Bank for Agricultural and Rural Development
· AIIMS – All India Institute of Medical Sciences
· IMTRAT – Indian Military Training TeamTo download Super set of Banking Awareness questions